The Fly Safair Logo

FlySafair Bookings: 2018 flight specials now available!


FlySafair, one of SA's low cost airlines, offers some of the country's lowest airfares in 2018. You can use our flight search feature to take advantage of some of these fantastic current prices.


  • Cheap flights to Cape Town from Johannesburg, Durban, East London, and Port Elizabeth from as little as just R599
  • Cheap flights to Durban from Johannesburg and Cape Town, from as little as just R499
  • Cheap flights to East London from Johannesburg and Cape Town, from as little as just R599
  • Cheap flights to George from Johannesburg from as little as just R599
  • Cheap flights to Johannesburg from Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, George, and East London, from as little as just R599
  • Cheap flights to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg and Cape Town, from as little as just R599

* Prices are valid at time of publishing and are subject to change without notice

About FlySafair

FlySafair (IATA: FA) is one of the newest low cost airlines to enter the SA travel market. The airline is committed to changing the face of flying in SA and has been providing the South African market with a welcome respite from rising flight prices that characterised the post 1time Airlines period. FlySafair launched its first flights in SA on 16 October 2014 and has been expanding its flight schedule ever since.


The Stats, The Flights, The Fleet

Here's what you should know about FlySafair, which is operated by Safair Operations (Pty) Ltd, and how it has flourished into the airline it is now, in 2018:

  • FlySafair connects 7 airports in South Africa
  • Safair operates 46 daily flights
  • The airline operates 1258 flights per month
  • FlySafair operates 10 Boeing aircraft and employs 826 skilled employees

FlySafair has had one main aim since it launched and that is to provide air travelers with an affordable, on-time flying experience. Elmar Conradie is the CEO of FlySafair. The airline is 75% owned by South African business interests, with the remaining 25% owned by the Irish ASL Aviation Group. FlySafair employees own an effective 25.14% of the company’s shares via an Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).

Flight Routes


FlySafair currently flies between Cape Town and Johannesburg, and also flies to George and Port Elizabeth on a regular basis.


The Fleet


FlySafair currently offers cheap domestic flights between


  • Cape Town
  • Johannesburg
  • George
  • Port Elizabeth
  • Durban

You can also view the earlier FlySafair television commercial below:



The SABC also covered their launch a few months ago:



The Fleet

FlySafair currently operates scheduled passenger flights with a fleet of 10 Boeing aircraft, each of which can carry 165 passengers per flights. These aircraft are safe, reliable and well-maintained.


FlySafair Baggage Allowance


FlySafair baggage allowance is limited to 20 kg checked baggage per passenger and 7 kg hand luggage. Excess baggage fees are charged on bags weighing more than 20 kg. Bags weighing more than 32 kg will not be accepted.


Hand luggage bags must not exceed the following dimensions: 56 x 36 x 23cm

Checked-in bags must not exceed the following dimensions: 90 x 75 x 43cm


Online Check In


Passengers can check in for their FlySafair flight online up to 24 hours prior to departure via this link. NB: Online check-ins close 4 hours prior to departure.


FlySafair

Latest News on FlySafair

On the 17 November 2017, FlySafair announced a possible merger with SA Airlink. The merger has been rejected by the Competition Commission as it is said to threaten low cost carrier competition in SA. Both airlines plan to oppose the outcome of the commission's findings. The outcome of regulatory approval for this merger is awaited within the first quarter of 2018.

Contact FlySafair


To contact FlySafair directly, simply call their call centre on 087 135 1351 to book a cheap flight, or email help@flysafair.co.za.


Book now to avoid disappointment!


Need some help? Check out our flight bookings process page at SA Airlines for more information.


Flysafair
Flysafair Airlines Rating

4.2/5
Based on 36 votes

Click to rate Flysafair